Why invest in a residence in Panama?
One of the lowest costs of living in the world for foreigners.
Convenient use of the US dollar as currency.
The best program of benefits for retirees in the world.
Panama has world class attractions, a cosmopolitan Miami style city, vibrant and full of life, with exotic rainforests, countless beaches offering the privilege of having two coasts on the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, beautiful mountain areas with the perfect weather, world class golf courses, exciting destinations for scuba diving, fishing, and extreme sports, among many others! With all this and more, you will always have a destination to visit in Panama and activities to do.
Advantages of living in Panama
- A stable government with facilities for foreign investors and retirees who decide to retire in Panama.
- The fastest growing economy in Latin America.
- A quick non-stop flight for a few hours, far away from the big American cities such as Miami, Atlanta, Houston, Boston, Tampa, Dallas, Newark, Los Angeles, New York, Washington DC, Orlando, Chicago, Ft. Lauderdale, and other countries such as Colombia, Venezuela, Nicaragua, and others.
- Panama is a globalized, peaceful, friendly country with fun loving people.
- Modern infrastructure and transportation system as in large cities.
- Tax relatively low, if compared with other countries in the region.
- The best shopping malls in Latin America.
- High Speed Internet and telecommunications services.
- Diversity of restaurants and night spots.
- A strong financial sector, international banking and convenient means of electronic payment.
- Variety of residential areas to choose from.
Panama has the third or fourth largest economy in Central America and is also the fastest growing economy and the largest per capita consumer in Central America. In 2013, Panama ranked 4th among Latin American countries in terms of Human Development Index, and 59th in the world. Since 2010, Panama remains the second most competitive economy in Latin America, according to the Global Competitiveness Index of the World Economic Forum. The jungle of Panama is home to an abundance of tropical plants, animals and birds – some of them found nowhere else in the world.
Constitutional Democracy with Unitary President
– Total 75,517 km2 (118) | 29,157 square miles
– Water (%) 2.9
– January 2013 census: 3,661,868
– Density54.2/km2 (156) |140.6/sq. mi
GDP (PPP) 2012 estimate
– Percapita$ 15,616
GDP (nominal) 2012 estimate
– Per capita $ 9,526